- Drive’s from one location to another 30%
- Repairs to rental properties 50%
- Files and maintains paperwork for inventory, mileage, credit card compliance 5%.
- Perform inspections of interior and exterior of rental properties 5%
- Occasionally work in warehouse or office as needed.
- Minor repairs to HVAC
- Inspect and make repairs for plumbing on sinks, faucets, tubs, and drains
- Perform repairs to electrical fans, plugs, switches, breakers
- Perform inspections requiring technical knowledge
- Make repairs to the interior of buildings - Flooring, paint, patch and misc. repairs
- Make repairs to exterior of buildings - Concrete patching, water penetration, minor roof repairs, painting, and minor carpentry
- Identify and report opportunities to impact tenant and investor
- Protect company assets
- Handle emergencies as they arise
- Maintain security
- Uphold company policy and procedures
- Perform administrative duties utilizing slack, email, text, etc…
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned by the Maintenance Director
Candidate must be proficient in 3 or more areas of the following:
- Knowledge of HVAC
- Knowledge of minor electrical, switches, plugs, fans, breakers
- Knowledge of plumbing, sinks, tubs, water heaters, all drains
- Knowledge of basic Interior and Exterior building maintenance, deck repairs, steps, flooring (ceramic and LVT) and sub floors, sheetrock installing and finishing, painting
- Ability to review a needed work and create estimate for labor and materials
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 5 Years experience in a similar role
- Reliable Transportation to get to and from office and properties
- Frequent bending, twisting, walking, reaching, lifting up to 50 pounds and standing the entire shift on a hard surface.
- Administrative skills
- Great customer service/people skills-Interacts verbally with tenants and office personnel
- Taking and giving direction
- Good personal hygiene
- High energy level
- High tolerance for STRESS
- Ability to troubleshoot and break down issues to find the root cause
- Ability to make decisions
- Safely climbing and working on top of a ladder up to 24’ off the ground
- Ability to maintain and operate power tools and hand tools
- Ability to legally and safely operate a motor vehicle.
- Basic knowledge of computers and other technical equipment.
- Working inside and outside - could include extreme heat, cold, rain, snow, and other harsh environments.
All maintenance techs are started on a Temp-to-Hire basis.
Mileage reimbursement ($0.35/mile)
Spartan Invest began in 2010 and has been frequently recognized by Inc. magazine as one of the fastest-growing private companies in the metro Birmingham area year after year. Our core business consists of the buying and reselling of renovated properties.
Mission and Vision
The mission of Spartan Invest is to improve lives through real estate. If each Spartan becomes the best at their individual role, the potential as a team is limitless. Each team member is given incredible autonomy and responsibility with the expectation of high-performance results. The marks of a Spartan include being honest, industrious, dispassionately objective, and extremely focused.
The Spartan Ethos
We believe that integrity is the indispensable quality upon which all other values must
stand. Our core values of honesty and transparency are what guide every decision we
To be hard-working is a virtue, but it takes determination and unceasing persistence to be successful. Our commitment to service doesn’t check out at 5pm, because we know your investments need to perform round the clock.
The natural human tendency toward risk-avoidance and other emotional decision-making is at the root of many investment and business failures. While we are all prone to these same weaknesses, we’ve built a business based on remaining dispassionately objective. We know what works, time and time again, and sticking to proven processes and procedures is what keeps our clients’ returns consistent and reliable.
While providing above-average return on equity is the goal of any real estate
investment, our broader focus has always been to provide consistency in quality,
service, and returns.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)